Here are six design tips for your holiday wedding, company party or for home entertaining:
1. Pamper your guests with a hot chocolate bar complete with homemade marshmallows and add-in spirits such as Baileys, Kahlua and Jack Daniels. Garnish with a candy cane.
2. Take the chill out of the air by offering pashmina shawls for guests to use during the wedding or event. A great resource for renting or purchasing these is Splendor For Your Guests.
3. For your guest welcome bags or guest favors, consider adding a tin of your favorite holiday cookies, hot cocoa mix, a CD of holiday tunes, hot cider mix or miniature pumpkin pies.
4. If you are having a lot of children, consider inviting Santa Claus to the rehearsal dinner or to the company holiday party. You can also create holiday coloring books to entertain kids at the event.
5. For décor, think jewel tones with sparkle. White lights, candles and gold or silver accents will really brighten up a winter wedding. Up-lighting can really warm up an event space. You CAN have a gorgeous winter or holiday event without snowflakes, pine cones or Christmas trees.
6. A faux fur bolero is always a beautiful accent for the bride and bridesmaid if you plan to take any outside photos in a cold climate.
We designed the table above for the StudioWed Denver window display for the holiday season this year. By using a chandelier motif, feathers, silver bulbs, rhinestone buckles and a touch of fuchsia, we create a very fun table-scape that works great for a New Years Eve wedding or party in Colorado. The fantastic stationery was created by Julie at JS Design Custom. The gorgeous cake was designed by Rachael at Intricate Icings. Thank you to Premium Digital Solutions for the great pictures.
You can also see this table design and our holiday party design tips featured on the Knot.com blog! If you are planning your wedding and looking for our favorite vendors, stop by StudioWed for incredible inspiration, vendors and design ideas.